Monday, January 28, 2013

"Jessi had a Little Lain..."

“Jessi had a Little Lain, Little Lain, Little Lain.  Jessi had a Little Lain whose hair was dark as coal”

Let’s begin, well, at the beginning:

Your Daddy and I started dating in July of 2006.  We got engaged to be married on July 31, 2009.  And we were married September 18, 2010.

We knew we wanted to have a baby.  I was a bit skeptical that traditional methods would be enough.  I thought it would be a lot harder that it actually was.  That just proves that it’s ALWAYS best to trust God’s timing.

That’s why, in a way, you were such a surprise.  A miraculous surprise! 

December 19, 2012:  The night I took the first pregnancy test, it was just for peace of mind.  In fact, I only took it to show that I was not pregnant.  My friend Stefanie and I had been texting back and forth about how your Daddy and I were trying to have you.  I was going on and on about the difficulties I thought I would be facing.  I had even been to a fertility center, just days before you were conceived.  So to curb my curiosity, I peed on it.  The pregnancy test that is.  I walked away and forgot, until my nose began to run.  Upon arrival back in the bathroom, I saw the stick and realized I had forgotten about it.  I bent down to get a closer look.  When I saw two pink lines, I gasped!  Brian, oblivious to it all, asked me what was wrong.  All I could reply was, “Oh my gosh, oh my GOSH…..OH MY GOSH!  I think I’m pregnant!!!”  I immediately text Stefanie and said, “You are NOT gonna believe this!!!”  I took another test and immediately got a blue plus sign.  I knew!  Brian was skeptical (afraid to get excited) and wanted a doctor’s confirmation.  I can understand.  But, I knew.  Sleep escaped me that entire night, and it was not because of the storm.

The next day I made an appointment to have a blood test.  We would not get the results until the next day.  But that didn’t stop me from wanting to tell our parents.  I got two picture frames and added a photo of the pregnancy test.  That is how we revealed it to our parents.  (See pic below)  It took a little bit to sink in with his parents.  I think it was such a shock.  They are excited and anxiously awaiting the addition of their first grandchild!!

We got all of my family together at Mom’s that evening.  She unwrapped the frame, and was so confused.  She thought the frame was the gift, and at first she paid no attention to the actual photo itself.  After some encouraging glances, it sank in!  She was overjoyed!  And my brother and sister-in-law were excited that it was finally my time!  My nephews won’t really know what to think until he/she gets here, I’m sure!



Oh, and in case you were wondering, the blood test was positive, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment